P Day Again

Hello again! Things in Ukraine have been going well this week. We have our Zone Conference tomorrow, so that should be fun. I always like seeing people from my MTC group. My companion, Elder Hanson, goes home at the end of this transfer (March 19, to be exact), so he's unfortunately getting pretty homesick (or "trunky," in missionary language). Our area's starting to produce more new investigators, but unfortunately our progressing investigators are still nonexistent. But, we're going to be working even harder now because President Davis challenged Elder Hanson to have a baptism before he goes home. (He also hinted that I'm going to be in the Voskresensky area for a while...looks like I'll get to know my way around this part of Kiev pretty well).
A funny thing happened this week while I was on a bus. This lady saw my nametag and asked me, in accented English, "Do you speak English?" I said, "Yes, I do. I'm from America." She nodded, then said, "Do you speak it well?"
One of the things we've been doing here a lot has been helping this family near our area build a house. The dad is an American, and the family speaks english pretty well, so it's kind of nice to get to talk to people and understand them completely every now and then. So, we've been doing a lot of construction work, and at first I thought, "I think I know a few family members who'd enjoy this." However, as it turns out, I should have thought "I think I know a few family members who know waaaay more about construction than this guy." I've never heard the phrase "That looks good enough" used so freely.
Well, as usual, I'm entirely out of time too quickly. I love you all, and have a good week!
--Elder Brett

No comments: