Hello again from Ivano! (April 25, 2007)

Hello again everyone, and again I'm sorry, but this is going to have to be kind of short. Every week we have to write emails to our mission president, and due to a bunch of technical problems (I really don't like internet clubs that much), that ate up almost all of my time today.

So: here's the highlights.

On Saturday, we went to see a play, and it was really, really fun. The play was called "The Gospel According to John" (Yevanhelia vid Ivanna), and it was about a farmer named Ivan (the Slavic form of John) who's really down on his luck money-wise, and who's friends think up crazy schemes to get him some money, but in the end, it doesn't work, and he loses everything. There was a lot in there about the traditional Ukrainian mentality. The soil in Ukraine is amazingly fertile, one of the most fertile areas in the entire world, and so this farmer has a deep reverance for the land he has, and all he desires to do is raise crops in the soil. He has a lot of soliloquys about the soil, traditions, Russian and Communist influences and how they were bad, and about the lack of religious values in Ukraine. It was an excellent play.

I wish I had more time!! Okay, well, that's the highlight of this week. If I had more time, I would have definitely written more, but I'll have to wait until next week. I love you all, and I hope you all have a good week!
--Elder Brett

No comments: