2008?! (January 1, 2008)

Hello again everyone, and happy new year! I can't believe it's 2008 already. It seems like yesterday I was sitting in this same internet club, saying ''I can't believe it's 2007 already!'' That means the next big day to look forward to is March 2...

We had an interesting week. Our landlady informed us earlier this month that we'd have to move out because she wanted to sell the apartment, so we spent much of this week packing and moving in our spare time, in addition to our usual workload. It's comforting to know, however, that not only does our new apartment not have an oven, it's also really cold in the morning. Good thing rumor has it I'm getting transfered next week.

New Year's Eve is one of the most fun times in our mission because it's the one night of the year we're allowed to have missionary sleepovers and watch movies in our apartments (as long as they're only church movies or certain Disney movies). We watched Hercules and Aladdin and we played Risk and Uno. The highlight of the night was when I had a come-from-behind victory in Risk (nobody ever suspects Australia...)

Also, as the highlight of the entire week, I was able to talk to many of you last Tuesday! That was a lot of fun. Mother's Day is only five months away...I only hope my apartment then is a little warmer than this one was.

All right, well, I'm running a little low on time, so I should wrap this up. Soon we're going to go to TGI Friday's, the only place in Kyiv where you can order food in English; if it wasn't for the currency and the waiters' accents, it would feel just like America. I'm not really sure how TGI Friday's managed to open in Ukraine, but it's become the unofficial Kyiv Ukraine mission celebration spot.

All right, happy new year everyone!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: