Pictures! (Apr 23, 2008)

Hello again! Things in Ivano are about like usual--wet. We've had about 2 days of nice weather mixed with 6 days of bad weather (and yes, I know that equals 8, that's how bad the bad weather's been).

Also, something happened this week that has never happened before that I can remember. It's something bizarre and strange. Something almost terrifying. The other day, while at the Hinckles' apartment, I ate a sandwich with a large tomato slice on it...and I liked it. I'll try not to make a habit of it, but it worried me all the same.

So, today I have pictures again!

So, in our English class we had a lesson about pirates, and we all made little pirate hats. Except for a couple less fun people, we all wore them the entire class.

One of our investigators is Oleg. He's a really interesting guy who's very well-read. He's also the guy who doesn't believe in the atonement. He's very nice and very fun to talk to, and just yesterday we got his wife to start meeting with us as well.

Brother Pleshinsky is the first councilor in the branch presidency and a really good man. He has two young daughters and is a great father; but, his faith is kind of shaky lately, so we've been helping him and asking him to help us, including being on lessons with us and our investigator Volodya.

There's a shooting range here in Ivano that advertizes by saying "Blow your bad feelings away."

We got to watch conference finally, and it was amazing! I really liked Elder Holland's talk about an open canon of scripture, and President Monson's closing words. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in Ukraine for the next conference also; hopefully I'll be somewhere where I can watch it a little bit timelier.

Well, that's it for me. Have a nice week!

--Elder Hurst





No comments: