Hello again from Eastern Europe (August 15, 2007)

Hello again everyone!

Well, now that everything’s working well again, I actually don’t have much time to write, so I’ll go quick and try to fit as much as I can.

First of all, I’m really jealous of that trip, Mom! That’s sounds great. Why didn’t they do that when I was younger? I really want to go to Temple Square again when I get back and get to see all those things (and then go through the Salt Lake temple...).

Second, I think Steve’s going to go to the Russia Yekaterinburg mission.

All right, so this is kind of a crazy transfer. First of all, I’m cosenior, so there’s a lot more responsibility on me already. Then, our area turns out to be two areas that there weren’t enough missionaries to fill. Finally, about a week ago, we learn that another group of missionaries in our district got really sick and had to get sent home, so their area got tacked onto ours, giving us a total of THREE areas to work. All three are right in the center or so of Kyiv, where a lot of people live, and all three were busy in and of themselves; together, they keep us really quite busy.

We have a few people with baptismal dates: Pavlo and Lilia had one for last Saturday, but they’ve been really busy and weren’t prepared so it’s been pushed back. They have some word of wisdom problems, and Pavlo has this habit of looking oup anti-mormon websites. Then, we have Iryna, who is basically ready to be baptized any time now (our lessons are mostly us bringing up a topic, and then her teaching her mom that topic...) except she’s living with her boyfriend and they’re not getting married until October. However, she planned it out so that at the very soonest possible day after the marriage she will be baptized.

We also have an investigator named Volodymyr who’s really cool. He’s a funny, very social surgeon who loves meeting with us (he also loves drinking cognac, which is a bit of an issue, but it’ll get worked out).

Well, I need to go. I love you all, and I hope you all have a good week!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: