Weekly report - 29 August 2007

Hello again everyone! (By the way, the "weekly report" thing is what I write to President Davis every week in my president's letter...just giving you a taste of mission life)

This was a good week. We had a little bit of exciting news from the First Presidency of the Church. Worldwide, they have changed the key indicators (this might interest Adam more than others of you...but it's earth-shaking for a missionary like me) so there are only 6: Baptisms, Confirmations, Investigators with a Baptismal Date, Investigators at Sacrament Meeting, Lessons Taught with a Member Present, and Daily Contacts (the last one's just something our mission decided to have). This is a reduction from 11 key indicators. I'm not sure if this is boring or not, but for us, like I said, it's amazing.

We've been doing really well. We actually led the mission recently in our numbers, which was kind of a cool feeling to have. We also had a really good meeting in one of our wards where we had a fun skit ("Thirsty for the Water of Life," which involved me having water dumped on me and Elder Lewis wearing a toilet-paper Arab headress and riding a "camel").

Well, as usual, I've run out of time way too fast. I love you all, I miss my nieces and nephews, and I hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
--Elder Brett
ps. - Have fun at school! Hahaha!

No comments: