Transfers again (July 25, 2007)

Well, it's transfers time again. Six weeks really seemed like a long time before my mission...now it's pretty quick. Well, I'm staying put in Kharkivsky, which will make this my third transfer here, and will make this the longest I've stayed in one area so far (including the MTC). But, as has become usual for me, I'll be getting a new companion (aside from the MTC and my trainer, I haven't had a companion for more than one transfer). But, the good news is I already know who my comp's gonna be--Elder Kauffman, my friend from my MTC group. I'm really looking forward to it. We've been in the same district for two transfers already, and we've been hoping that somehow we'd get put together. It should be a lot of fun. Plus, he's a harder worker than any of my companions up to this point so far, so that'll be a nice change. (My list of companions so far is sort of a mission joke).

Well, hopefully once Elder Kauffman and I get together, we can turn our area around. The past two transfers have been really tough here, and this last transfer has basically consisted of me trying to do the work of two while my companion talked about girls and school and how much money he's going to make in his future career (oral surgery...) and did little else. Not the ideal working situation, but it's also sort of the story of my mission.

Well, aside from that, the only exciting news I have is that I bought a new pair of shoes to replace my old pair. I wish I'd taken a picture of the old ones...I'll have to send a picture next week. It's pretty impressive to me. The right shoe has had its heel worn from the outside corner all the way down, and the inside had the slight tendency to make my heel bleed. As a result I can now safely advise any future missionaries: Rockports are not good mission shoes. Ecco's are the way to go.

Well, that's all that's been exciting for me this week. As today is Elder Miles's last P-Day in this area, we're going to be running around to all the different spots he's wanted to go to before he left, so it should be a pretty busy day. I love you all, I love the pictures of the family (could I get copies of them on paper? thanks! that would be fantastic), and I love all your emails!

--Elder Brett

PS - We can get emails from whoever wants to send them, but we can only send emails to family and the mission office, so Mom, if you want to tell Shawn Soelberg that he could write me regular letters that'd probably be best. Thanks!

PPS - Good luck in surgery on Monday Angie!

No comments: