Big news from Ukraine... (July 4, 2007)

Hello everyone! So, this has been an exciting litle period of time recently. First of all, I had my monthly interview with President Davis, and instead of the usual "How are you? How can I help? Well, see you later," he instead revealed to me the reasons why I've had every companion I've had up to this point, and he revealed what my plan was for next transfer. Up to now (and even including now) I've had a lot of companions who, though in some cases were really cool people, they just weren't exactly the best missionaries in our mission. I've spent a lot of time wondering why that was always the case, and then, in my interview, the "veil was parted" so to speak, and pretty much everything was laid bare. At first I thought President Davis was angry with me, but it turns out it was almost exactly opposite, which is good. It was really a cool interview.

Then, the biggest, coolest news in a long time--the Kyiv Ukraine temple, which was announced in 1998 and has held the "record" if you will for longest period after it's announcement before work began on it, had it's groundbreaking a week ago from Saturday! It's estimated to take about three to five years to build, but the important thing is, it's on its way...finally.

Well, sad as it is to say, that's about all that was exciting about this week. We've been doing a lot--a LOT--of street contacting and tracting, but so far, little has come from it. We keep trying to work with the members in our ward, but I have a sneaking suspicion they don't like my companion too much...he doesn't exactly go out of his way to be endearing to people...

Well, have a good week, I love you all, and I'll write again next week!

--Elder Brett

No comments: