Argh! Disappointing... (October 10, 2007)

Hello again everyone; well, there's been a little disappointing news with our doctor meeting. Everything was going great until this very morning, when I called the hospital again one last time to see if there was anything else we needed to take care of and they informed me that the lady who had promised us that she would invite people to attend doesn't actually have the authority to do that, and that the council of people who do have that authority decided not to. To add to it, they had already scheduled something else in our time slot, and they never even so much as called me about any of this. It's a little...annoying, you could say, but that's allright; we may actually have other possibilities for things like this, which would be good.

Whoa, I have a lot less time left on this computer than I thought. Okay, here's my week in brief:
-We spoke with a man on Saturday who informed us that the Earth only exists for 5,100 years at a time before everything starts all over again, like a movie that's been rewound. There's a brief period in between restarts where good people live in paradise, but then everything starts all over again, exactly like it was before with everyone doing exactly what they did the last time and the time before, and etc.
-We got to watch General Conference, which was great! It's so much easier to pay attention to Conference as a missionary. We were all excited to hear about President Eyring's new assignment, and surprised but excited as well to hear about Elder Cook. By the way, Elders Holland and Nelson had really, really good talks.
-We got transfer information a little early this week; it turns out that Elder Higgins is going to be leaving and I'll be staying behind yet again. Also, our entire district besides me is going to be leaving. There's a rumor that I may be district leader. I'm still pulling for a return to junior companion (you make less phone calls that way), but whatever comes, comes.

Well, I love you all, and thanks for everything! Angie-thanks for the pictures!!! I love getting pictures from home.

Have a good week!
--Brett

No comments: