Bus lag?

Hello again! As you've noticed, this email is once again later than Monday. I don't know why, but this transfer has been the absolute craziest concerning traveling around. This Sunday afternoon, we made the 10-hour bus trip to Kyiv again so Elder Hubbard could renew his passport (the lucky punk got to fly to Bulgaria to do it, while I stayed behind on exchanges in a small town called Borispil just outside of Kyiv--I'm so jealous...), then yesterday we made the made the journey back, leaving at 8:30 last night and getting in at 7 this morning. By the way, sleeping on buses is a very strained concept. Especially when Ukrainian roads aren't always up to par.

Also, while wandering around Borispil, we found, of all things, a large bush of natural-growing marijuana. And apparently, that's not rare here in Ukraine.

Well, other than that, there's not much to tell, although I do have a favor to ask of anyone out there. I've been talking with Elder Kauffman, one of my friends from my MTC group, and he's told me a lot about a major at BYU called European Studies. It sounds pretty interesting; would someone be able to send me some information about that? I'd love to read up on it. Particularly about what jobs may come from it.

Other than that, things here are going well. We're excited to be staying in Chernivtsi for maybe as much as a week before going on another exchange with Ivano, then a short week later heading to Kyiv--AGAIN--for transfers. (I'm pretty sure I'm staying put). The weather's been pretty nice here, although kind of hot sometimes. Our investigator, Andriy, who's trying to quit smoking and drinking, is doing great; he only smoked once this week and he didn't drink at all, and he was able to come to sacrament meeting with us. He's a really great guy. It's so cool to get to work with him.

Well, I love you all! Have a great week, and I'll write you again next week!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: