Dobriy vechir!

Hello again! Well, because of a few weird occurances today, we weren't able to do email until a lot later today, and myldsmail, being far from perfect, wasn't working at all. So, here I am back on gmail for the week.
Well, this was an interesting week. Unfortunately, I also don't have much time here, so I'll have to only say the top two things.
First, on the way to an appointment last week, Elder Walk noticed something sticking out of a dumpster. Upon closer examination, we found it to be a large lawn gnome. I decided that, if it was still there when our appointment was done, we were going to have to claim it as our own. The appointment went well, we visited a less active member and showed him the movie "The Testaments," which he greatly enjoyed (he even copied it to his computer...probably not the best thing with a church movie, but I'm not going to say anything to him about it, since he's a political bodyguard and outweighs me by probably almost double--in pure muscle). Then, on the way home, we passed by the dumpster, and the gnome was gone. "Oh well," we thought, "it was a good idea anyway." Then, a few steps later, who should we see but the gnome itself, standing off to the side as though it had climbed out and was enjoying its former career (although, judging by the group of drunk young people nearby, that probably wasn't entirely accurate). Acting quickly, I snagged it and we struggled back to our apartment, where we cleaned him up and spray painted him silver. He now has a place of honor in our front hallway, a small Ukrainian flag in his hand.
The other thing that happened was only earlier today; it was, in large part, what kept us from doing internet until later. President Davis has a friend in America who taped the Fiesta Bowl game and sent it to him on a DVD; he then gave permission to the AP's and whoever they invited (as long as it was a very small gathering) to get together in center and watch it. Guess who got invited? In case you don't know, the Fiesta Bowl college football game this year featured Boise State against Oklahoma, and was an amazing win for BSU. It was probably the best football game I've ever seen. Needless to say, it was a very, very good day.
Well, I've got to run again. I love you all, and I hope you all have a good week! Hopefully next week I'll be back to normal on myldsmail (well...hopefully soon we won't have to use myldsmail anymore...but oh well...)
--Elder Brett
PS-This unfortunately means I wasn't able to read any of your messages this week...trust me, it's not fun to have my only pipeline home temporarily cut off. But oh well...

No comments: