So much for my ldsmail...

Well, once again myldsmail isn't working, so we're back to our backup emails. Once again, I don't get to read most of the emails from you, so once again, I have the fun experience to get to miss almost all contact from my family. Wonderful! Boy do I like myldsmail.
All right, well, less sarcastically, something incredibly interesting happened this week. On Saturday, the Kharkivsky ward went on a picnic to this place that's basically a gigantic park with a lot of little historic ancient-looking Ukrainian buildings and villages. It was really pretty and really cool (and it made us wish a little that the rest of Ukraine looked more like that...), but that's not what's so cool. What made it so exceptional was that while we were there, we decided to go to a souvenir area, and we noticed a large crowd. We got a little closer and noticed that, strategically throughout the rest of the crowd, were people with ear-phone and radios. Wondering who was there, we made our way into the crowd, and who did we see not five feet away but Viktor Yuschenko, President of Ukraine! If the crowd was a little thinner, I could have taken two steps and touched him. There he was, shopping for pottery. That brings my number of heads of state personally seen up-close to...1. Unless the governor of Idaho counts...which he probably doesn't...
Well, we're going to head off a little early and try back again later, to see if myldsmail is working then. I love you all, and I'll send some pictures then!
--Elder Brett

No comments: