My little family grows... (Feb 27, 2008)

Hello again everyone! Thank you all for the emails for my birthday--I honestly forgot that that was coming up this week...I guess a mission will do that to you...Anyways, I was able to get your package, Dad, but I haven't gotten yours yet, Mom, so hopefully it makes it all the way from Kyiv to little Ivano Frankivsk all right. Thank you!

Well, I have my second 'son' now. Elder Horne's a little different from Elder Higgins. Elder Higgins was sharp as a tack, a great studier, and very willing to take responsibility onto himself...

A couple of days ago, I came down with a cold or the flu or something. It's going away quickly, but I was pretty miserable for a little while. The funny thing about Ukrainians is they love giving advice, expecially concerning health. I've been told to eat garlic, drink tea with honey, buy mysterious nose drops (with the warning, "The drops kind of burn"), and--most oddly--boil potatoes in their skins and then breathe in the steam. Instead, I took some Dayquil in the morning and got a lot of sleep in the night. That seemed to work pretty well.

Well, my watch broke recently, which is too bad. It's served me very well. Unfortunately, it broke really really badly, thanks to all of the train travel (think: first watch band broke, then heavy suitcase dropped on it). Thankfully, watches here are pretty cheap, so I'll be picking one of those up today. There's always something...

The weather hasn't been that bad recently. It's pretty easy to believe that it's worse in Boise than here (but it's probably best at Disneyland, as Renee's family would probably be glad to tell us).

All right, that's about all the time I have this week. I love you all!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: