Good news!

Hello everyone! Well, I've got some exciting news. I don't know if you remember our investigator Andriy, but he was a man who came up to us on the street drunk and asking for money, and then as we met with him he sobered up and became a great investigator. Well, about three weeks ago, he had a relapse and started drinking again. We met him on the street, and he looked worse than he had when we first met him. It was really discouraging, but we recommitted him to stop drinking and kept meeting with him when we could. After about two or three days of drinking, he once again stopped drinking, and since that time became even more committed to stopping that habit. He told us that now, whenever he sees his old drinking friends on the street, he just crosses to the other side; he thinks about drinking like he thinks about spitting on the floor in someone's house. He told us that the feeling he gets when he drinks can't even compare to the feeling he gets when he's with us or at church. And this Saturday, he's going to get baptized!

This past weekend, we had the opportunity to visit a city called Uzhhorod. The first time I heard about it was at the very beginning of my mission, and ever since then I always wanted to go visit there. Unfortunately, only zone leaders in the city of L'viv got to go. So, I waited and waited, and it looked like it would never happen until last week when I got a phone call from L'viv asking if we could go in their stead. So, very happily we crossed over the Carpathian mountains and went within 30 kilometers of the Hungarian border to visit the little city. It was really cool, but we had to take a 12-hour-long bus ride to get there. Not fun.

Well, I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: