Baptism!

Hello again everyone! This is actually the second time I've tried writing this letter, seeing as to how, once again, myldsmail is the worst email service in the world. But hey, it happens, right?

Remember our investigator, Oleg? He had a lot of questions and concerns, especially about the atonement, resurrection, and the proper role of women. Oleg's always been a really great guy, but he's studied a lot of different religions for a long time, so he's got a lot of ideas about things that are kind of patched together from a multitude of different beliefs. We've had a lot of very spiritual lessons with him, and thanks to the fact that his testimony's strong enough that he's willing to accept new ideas that may contradict or even discredit his current beliefs, we've been able to work with him all he way until this last Saturday, when he was baptized. It was a really great service, and I'm really proud of him. He's going to be a great addition to the branch here.

I've attached a picture of that, and also a picture of me from a lesson we had last night. There's a member in the branch, Serhey Bazovsky, who's a rock musician, so after the lesson he and I had a little fun...basically, even though I can't actually play a guitar, I sure can hold one pretty well....

Also, concerning my end date: I spoke with President Davis, and we agreed on October 28th. The only hitch remaining is, depending on how fast the mission office orders tickets for the next few groups getting home, the new mission president may be the one who actually decides this. President Davis said that he'd do everything he could to leave notes and things for the new president so he follows through on this, but there is a slight possibility that this date may change. However, I think this is pretty set, so I'd say expect me then!

I love you all, and I hope you enjoyed the first email I sent also! I put a bunch of pictures of Oleg's village there. It's right in the foothills of the Carpathians, and it's very beautiful.

--Elder Hurst

No comments: