Better late than never, right?

Hey everyone! Sorry this is a couple days late, our internet club had some serious trouble on Monday, so I wasn't able to send out anything. Unfortunately, that means I'm going to have to be brief, but at least I get to write you all still!

I'm now in Chernivtsi with my new companion, Elder Hubbard. It's a lot of fun here! The branch is really cool, my comp's a cool guy, and the city is amazing. I don't know what it is, but there's something about Chernivtsi that just makes it so much more likeable of a place than any other area. I love Kyiv, and I love Ivano, but I didn't like either of them as immediately as I liked Chernivtsi.

Well, I'm a zone leader now, but because our zone's so large I'm technically a "third wheel" zone leader. There's a companionship of zone leaders in L'viv, and then there's me here in Chernivtsi, and though we talk on the phone a lot, it kind of feels like we're still in different zones. Basically, the zone is split in two parts, with the L'viv elders in charge of one half, and I'm in charge of the other (Chernivtsi and Ivano). Many of my jobs now are kind of fun--zone leader councils in Kyiv, nightly calls to Ivano, and exchanges to Ivano twice a transfer--while one little job is still a little worrying...you see, since our zone's in two parts, we're actually going to have two zone conferences, with the L'viv elders in charge of one, and, well, me in charge of the other. My companion's not a zone leader, so it's literally going to be my show through and through. It's actually kind of exciting, once I get past all of the nervousness.

Apparently, I didn't have enough on my plate yet, so I'm also second counselor in the branch presidency here as well. So, it's a good thing I got to translate so much last transfer when Elder Hinkle conducted sacrament meeting, because pretty soon (as in, this Sunday) that'll be me. Weird.

All right, well, I should get going. I think that next P-Day I'll actually be in Ivano again on exchanges; I'll let you all know. Love you!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: