Transfer!

Hello again everyone! First of all, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

Well, there's a little bit of interesting news in the mission this week: I'm actually getting transfered! Apparently, I'm pretty good at holding down areas for long periods of time, because between Sviatoshinsky in Kiev and Ivano Frankivsk, I've spent about 1 year of time in 2 areas. However, I am actually getting transfered, and it is actually going to be a third city--Chernivtsi, just a little east of Ivano, as a zone leader. I'm already here, but in about an hour we're heading to Kyiv so my companion, Elder Budge, and I can get our new comps, and so I can go to zone leaders conference. It's going to be weird because I'm going to be a third zone leader, with the other two living in L'viv, so in a lot of ways it'll be like being a lone zone leader instead of a companionship like usual. Also, in just another few weeks (or less, I'm not sure) our new mission president, President Steinegal, will be here, and that will be a VERY interesting change. There's already rumors circulating about how he's going to change the mission, but given the general unreliability of mission rumors, I'm not sure what to expect. All I know is he's going to be in his early 50's and he'll have children with him.

Well, besides that, the only real exciting news is that yesterday I got to translate for a church disciplinary council (!) that was held in Ivano. The person didn't show up, so we held the council in their absence, and it was a little strange and worrisome. It looks kind of like the person we were meeting about was an even bigger problem than we initially thought. Interesting experience. And on that note, I left Ivano.

Well, I hope everything's going well at home! Mom, I sent home two packages with things I've been collecting during my time that I didn't want to pack with me. If you want to open them when they come, feel free, or you could wait and have us all open them together and I can explain them all.....

Well, I should probably get going, but I love you all, and thanks for all your letters and emails! Have a great week!

--Elder Hurst

No comments: