In Ivano...again...(but just for the day)

Hello everyone! Well, I'm back in Ivano once again, but this time it's just for exchanges with the elders there, so tomorrow I'll be heading back to Chernivtsi. Things have been going really well, although it's kind of weird; you see, yesterday, President Davis finished his mission and President Steinegal took over. I haven't heard anything from him except that he called someone in my district to sing Happy Birthday to him, but it's so strange that its happened. I really enjoyed President Davis. He was a great mission president.

So, in other news, there's a weird possibly-schitzophrenic and definitely-obsessive-compulsive lady in Chernivtsi who has decided that she wants to marry me. Yeah. Everyone calls her the Cat Lady because she comes to church with a picnic basket holding a little cat. She told me during Gospel Essentials that she has five children--three dogs and two cats. So this will be fun.

We had a branch picnic on Saturday that was a lot of fun. I have a red jacket that says CCCP, and everyone thought it was really funny; then I also have a white t-shirt from Yulia Tymoshenko, one of the three top politicians in Ukraine, that says "VirYU v Ukrayinu," "I believe in Ukraine" (with the 'yu" emphasized for Yulia), and people liked it also. I hope people at BYU have the same sense of humor, because otherwise I'm going to get called a communist a whole lot.

Well, I'm running short on time as usual, so I'll have to wrap up. I love you all, and I hope you all have a great week!

--Elder Hurst

PS - Happy 55th anniversary Grandma and Grandpa Wing!!!!!!

No comments: